Sunday, October 5, 2008

Julie's first blog update!

Well here we go with my first blog update since taking the Presidential “baton” from Bob on Thursday night.

It was a fabulous night although I must admit to some nerves before getting on stage for the handover. I hope that those of you who were there enjoyed the US presidential election spoof, for those that want to see the full version (only a clip was shown on the night – as the full version was a bit too long) it has been added to the blog. You can change the name and spoof your friends too if you like!

After the handover, we were able to congratulate some winners of the evenings awards and commiserate with the “runners up”. There are no losers at the finalist stage of the performance awards as they have all proved themselves to be without a doubt excellent in their field, unfortunately the trophy can only be given to one entry though, but I hope that they will re enter and try again in future years.

Friday morning I arranged for some pictures of the new Senior Vice President Geoff Fisher and Junior Vice President Kerry Macdermott, they will appear in a future “Insight” to make sure that all members are aware of the succession for the Presidency.

As well as the President's chain I also brought a cold back from Manchester (must have been all that rain - did it stop all week???), so I spent Saturday on the couch finally getting to watch the previous Sundays Redskins v Cowboys NFL match (Redskins won – Yay!), and getting through a box of tissues.

With red nose covered by a large amount of make up, I went down to Lancing today for my official presidential photographs, but not before the vicar in my local church had announced to the congregation my ascension to president and asked if I would please wear my tiara(!) to church soon. I’m not sure he completely understands the Institute, I wonder if Geoff and Kerry would be pleased if I had the chain altered to a tiara instead?


Official duties start next week, so I look forward to updating you on these as we go…..

(Pictured below is Julie with Kerry -left - the Junior Vice President and Geoff - right - the Senior Vice President)