Monday, August 10, 2009

Latest from Julie ...

Saturday 18th July saw me, Helen Robinson and Moira Hepworth (along with about 900 others) do the sleepwalk, in PJs at midnight around Haywards Heath. We were extremely lucky with the weather and it was dry for the hour and three quarters it took to get round. Thank you all who sponsored us we raised over £900 and with gift aid that is well over £1000. Thanks so much.

Prior to the walk we launched the President’s shoot out challenge (which will now run as a theme at the two main conferences in Crieff and Bournemouth to raise some more money). The photo's may look impressive and I did score 5 penalties, but it was our Chief Exec who was in goal! Thanks to all who turned out at a very wet Olympos in Burgess Hill to see us get this underway.

After I completed my events, my step-son Matt and a group of friends went out to do the three peaks challenge (Ben Nevis, Snowdon and Scafell within 24 hours). They have raised over £1000 for their efforts and have added it to our total. Thanks guys so much - you were really tired at the end but I know you enjoyed yourselves.

The total for the charity currently stands at around £4,500 but I know we can do so much more. Thanks again everyone and a reminder of the “Just Giving” site :
www.justgiving.com/julieholden1